Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Christmas in July

Ok, it is Christmas in July. I am very excited. My husband just bought me a Kitchen Aid mixer. I am ready to make some bread and some great desserts. There are some really cool recipes that came with the mixer. I can't wait to start working with it.
For the Fourth, we will be grilling. I am going to try to copy some wings I ate at a restaurant called Fast Eddie's at Bon Air. It is a killer restaurant. It looks like a dive, but the food is fabulous. Only adults are allowed in this place, and you stand in line to order your food.
There aren't many choices; burgers, brats, pork kabobs, hot chix on a stick, the big elmo - not sure about that one, peel and eat shrimp, and a couple more. You can also get french fries. I think you have to order a couple of drinks too. I have never seen the place not busy, there is always a line for food.

After talking to the owner, I found out that the restaurant will be featured on Asphalt Dining - I think that is the name - with Alton Brown on August 1.

I will let you know how the chicken comes out. Happy Fourth!!!!!

No comments: