Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Vacation

My husband and I went to the Biltmore Estate for a few days. It is such a beautiful house and we have lots of fond memories of the place. One of the really neat places there is the stable restaurant. They have a chicken that is to die for. I found the recipe and made the chicken today.
I have never had such tender chicken in my life. One has to start by soaking the chicken in a brine that has sage, salt, onion powder, and garlic powder. After you soak the chicken in the brine for 1 and 1/2 hours, you put a rub on it that has paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic. The chicken bakes for about an hour in the oven. I tried it and it was wonderful. I think there is so much I can do with this chicken. I am really excited to work with it tomorrow.
It is great to be able to remember trips that one takes. It brings back the memories and keeps them fresh. Share your trip with others through food!

No comments: