Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Things I am Thankful For

Okay, I am copying from my friend's blog and writing about the things for which I am most thankful. I think it is a wonderful idea to remember what makes us give thanks; every day.

1. I am so thankful for my kids. I look at them each day and thank God for the most beautiful gift. I think, like most moms, that I have the most precious, terrific kids. I can't imagine life without them.

2. I am thankful for my husband. He truly is the one I never thought I would meet. That line comes from our wedding song - Slow Dancing. It is true, though. He is my best friend and one of the best people to come into my life.

3. I am thankful for my in-laws. I don't have family very close to me, but my in-laws are always there for us, and I truly am thankful. They make good friends too!

4. I am thankful for my familytoo. As it grows smaller, I realize how fortunate I have been to have such wonderfully supportive people around me. I miss my grandparents and mother every day of my life and still cry over the loss. I am thankful, though, that I had so many years to share with them and learn from them. I am lucky to still have family left. My dad and stepmother are very caring, and my aunt is one of the most wonderful people in the world. My Grandma is a wonderful person who makes me laugh. I have been able to get a little closer to my brother and that makes me feel good. I am very lucky.

5. I think I have some of the best friends in the world. Dot - you stepped in when my mom died and I love you for it. You are a wonderful person. Patti, thank you for always listening to me and just being there; you too, Beth, my dinner buddy. Kathleen, my friend from my single days - always there to remind me how much we have changed and grown. Andrea, my college buddy and probably best friend in the world. We have been through so much together - I am so thankful for our friendship. I am also thankful for my new friends too - Robin, Katrina, my school friends - you all help me in many ways and make my life so much better. Thank you. There are other friends I haven't mentioned, but you know who you are and how much you have been there for me - thanks so much. I am truly blessed

6. I love my house - we moved in about two years ago and have had much fun decorating it. It is the house of our dreams.

7. I love malls. I admit it. I love to go shopping. It is one of my favorite things to do. I am thankful someone created them.

8. I am thankful for the feeling of family, love, and togetherness that only comes around during the holidays.

9. I am thankful for every day - each day is a gift, a precious gift.

10. I am thankful for the little things in life that make one smile; a beautiful day, gorgeous flowers, great perfume, a well prepared meal, and all the other things that bring a smile.

Remember this holiday season to give thanks for all your gifts. Have a great holiday!!!

No comments: