Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cooking for Kids

Okay - I had this great idea that I got while in Chicago. I had a flatbread pizza with bbq chicken and it was really good. I decided to try to recreate it at home. I cooked some chicken breasts in the oven with spices, tore them up with a fork and dumped them in a pan with bbq sauce to slow cook for a while. In the meantime, I took out some flatbread, put bbq sauce as the base and added cheese. When the chicken was warmed up, I put it on top of the pizza added more cheese and baked the pizzas in the oven at 450 degrees. My husband thought it was very good, but my youngest child thought it was terrible.

I then decided to try regular pizza with the rest of the flatbread. My husband loved it, I mean loved it, and both my kids, of course, thought it was terrible. I guess you can't win. I will make pizza again, but I will try it with a regular crust. Maybe this time they will like it.

Have a nice day.

1 comment:

ying-ko-4 said...

Don't mess with the kids and pizza. That's asking for some seriously bad mojo, Sis...