Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, March 31, 2008

Basil Parmasean Pasta with Chicken











I thought I would try a different pasta tonight. I had some peppered parmasean cheese that I had purchased on the Hill. It looked wonderful. I decided to put my favorite pasta ingredients together and make a new pasta dish.

1 pound chicken breast strips
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons italian seasoning
1 pound pasta - your choice
3 large handfuls fresh basil
1-1 1/2 cup grated peppered parmasean cheese
2 ladles pasta water
salt for pasta
salt and pepper to taste


Peppered Parmasean Cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place chicken in bowl, add olive oil and italian seasoning, stir to coat chicken. Put chickejn on a sheet pan and cook for 15 minutes or until done, turning once halfway through cooking. Remove chicken from oven and let cool. Cut into smaller bite size pieces.

Basil and Cheese ready for pasta

Cook pasta according to package directions, adding salt to the water to season the pasta. While pasta is cooking, tear cleaned basil and place in large pasta serving bowl along with 3/4 of cheese. When pasta is cooked, add to basil and cheese. Put chicken on top with pasta water, and combine all ingredients. Add rest of cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Serve immedietly.

The flavor of the dish was great. My only complaint is that it wasn't saucy enough. I think the next time I need to use a softer cheese. I really like the parmasean, but it is such a hard cheese and doesn't release much moisture. White wine might also be a nice addition; losing the cheese flavor is something I don't want to do. I guess it is back to the drawing board for me.

3 comments:

Elle said...

Oooh, that looks really good! Maybe if you try adding some pesto next time, in place of some or all of the basil--it might be a little more saucy. But it looks really good as is!

Sticky said...

Beautiful basil!

Katie's blog said...

I know, I think so too!!! It is from Tru-Buy!