Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, March 1, 2008

The Best Chicken Wings

There is a restaurant in Alton Illinois called Fast Eddie's Bon Air. They don't serve many different foods, but what they do serve is fabulous. I am in the process of trying to recreate some of their items. The one I think I have mastered so far is Hot Chix on a Stick. Fast Eddie's takes chicken wings, puts seasoning on them and grills them on a kabob stick. They are wonderful. What follows is my take on the recipe. Enjoy.
5 lbs. chicken wings - not frozen
Emril's Essense or grill seasoning of your choice.

Rub seasoning on fresh chicken wings and let marinate for 1 hour in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 300. Spread wings on sheet pan and bake for 20 minutes in oven. Take wings out of oven and finish on grill over medium to medium high heat.

You can either skewer these or not. My husband and I have made them both ways and we feel that cooking them without the skewers is a little easier.

We have made these several times and everybody who has eaten them has just loved them. We are going to try them next time with hot sauce on the grill. We will keep you posted.

5 comments:

KELLY SCHMICKLE said...

Hi! I saw this pic on Tastespotting and was excited to see you mention Fast Eddie's! I live in Alton, but never thought of trying to recreate their food. Such a good idea. What's next?

Katie's blog said...

I think I am going to try the Pork Kabob - I think that is what it is called. I will need to go back for taste testing, though. lol

michelle @ thursday night smackdown said...

saw this pic on tastepotting - yum! i am a big fan of all things wing.

Anonymous said...

The wings from the Bon Air are GREAT!
I use a little olive oil,seasoning and smoke them on the grill then finish them off with the flame.

Katie's blog said...

That sounds great. I love olive oil. I will have to try that sometime.