Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Chicken Soup and Garlic Cheese Biscuits


There is nothing like sitting down with a hot bowl of soup and a warm biscuit. The chicken soup is my friend, Dot's recipe which I changed up a bit, and the cheddar bay biscuits are from the Betty Crocker Cookbook. Enjoy!


Chicken Noodle Soup

1 ½ pounds chicken tenders
3 quarts chicken stock, not broth – You can make your own or buy stock.
3 stalks celery – chopped the way you like
3 carrots – chopped the way you like
3 cloves garlic – peeled only
Salt and pepper
½ pound very thin spaghetti broken up into small pieces
Handful of fresh parsley chopped

Pour stock in large pan, bring to boil and add chicken, celery, carrots, and garlic. Cook until chicken is done, about 15 minutes over medium heat. Remove garlic, discard. Remove chicken; allow to cool a little and shred with fork. Add chicken back to pan and bring to boil, add pasta and cook until noodles are done. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add parsley, stir and serve.

Garlic Cheese Buscuits

2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese - 2 oz.
1/4 cup stick margarine or butter - melted
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder - that is what the recipe calls for. I at least double it.
1 teaspoon dill

Pre-heat oven to 450

Mix baking mix, milk and cheese to make a soft dough. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Drop dough by 10-12 spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet - I spray a little Pam on mine because they have stuck before.

Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Mix margaring and garlic powder, brush on warm biscuits before removing fro cookie sheet. Serve warm.

You can halve this recipe - I have sometimes because they really don't reheat well in the microwave.

5 comments:

ying-ko-4 said...

Gotta tell ya, them biscuits are good eatin'. These aren't the same as your Red Lobster biscuit knockoffs, are they?

Katie's blog said...

Yes they are, but I tweaked the recipe a little. Thanks

michelle @ thursday night smackdown said...

oh, garlic cheese biscuits. get in my belly!

Beth said...

I'm going to try the biscuits because we absolutely LOVE the ones at Red Lobster! They sound similar.

Katie's blog said...

They are very similar. I make them all the time and I love, love, love them!!!