Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Chicken Wings - Take Two - Grilled "Buffalo" Style


Working with same basic chicken recipe as before, my husband and I tried a twist. Instead of working with a rub or one type of spice, I thought I would try to make buffalo style grilled chicken wings. I found the recipe for the sauce on Chowhound.com. The sauce called for hot sauce, worchestersire sauce, and red wine vinegar as the basic ingredients. I marinated the wings in the sauce for most of the day and then I baked them in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. After that my husband put them on the grill until they were cooked through.

They turned out pretty good, but I think I need to work on the marinade a little. My husband didn't think the sauce was spicy enough. He really likes hot wings. The flavor, I thought, was very good; however, I feel that the red wine vinegar took away some of the spice in the dish. I would gladly take suggestions or recipe ideas for the hot sauce. I just don't want to use just regular hot sauce and nothing else. I want another flavor to come through, but I am not sure what yet.

2 comments:

Sticky said...

dude, try some habanero extract.

Anonymous said...

These are pretty good. Just add more cayenne for the hotter you want.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Buffalo-Wings/Detail.aspx