Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Grandma P's Cold Tuna Casserole

My husband told me about his grandma's cold tuna noodle casserole - he told me the indredients, but not the measurements. This is pretty close - probably not exact, but he likes it. It is something we often have in our house. I am glad I can make something that reminds him of his childhood.

List of ingredients is based on one pound of pasta. This recipe is easy to double.

Tuna drained – 2-3 cans per pound of pasta
1 lb. noodles – cooked and drained, cooled down
3 Hard Boiled Eggs
3 stalks Celery
Celery salt to taste
Garlic powder to taste
Salt
Pepper
Mayo – not miracle whip – enough to bind the tuna and noodles.

Chop eggs and celery – Steve likes the celery really small. I use the food processor to chop it. Mix all ingredients. Season to taste. Serve with crackers if desired.
Allow to sit in refrigerater for at least one hour before serving to allow flavors to blend.

4 comments:

Vince said...

Yummy, have you thought of posting your pics on tastespotting?

Katie's blog said...

Thanks for the idea. I will have to try that!

Katie's blog said...

I posted one of my pics on there. Pretty cool!!

mardeen said...

This is comfort food at my house. It is nice to see recipes for food that real people eat.