Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Friday, March 14, 2008

My love of Pasta

I love pasta. It is totally my favorite food group. I could eat pasta every day of the week. So, when I walked into my babysitter's house and smelled her lasagne, I just knew I had to make it the next day. As I was making the lasagne tonight, my son kept telling me that he wanted to eat some; that he loved my lasagne. I smiled thinking about the last time I made lasagne. He just ate and ate and ate. And that is what he did tonight, too. Thank goodness we havce leftovers so that he can eat and eat and eat tomorrow, too.

I prepared my lasagne with sausage, ricotta, mozzarella, parmasan, ,and marinara sauce. I made the marinara sauce using crushed tomatoes, garlic, carrots, celery, onions, bay leaves, salt and pepper. I cooked the sausage and the sauce separately and I mixed the ricotta with parmasan, and parsley. Layering the sauce, sausage, mozzarella, and ricotta mixture; I made my lasagne and put it into a 400 degree oven until the cheese was melted and the mixture bubbled. It was fantabulous. My hubby and my son loved it. My other son doesn't like green things so he didn't eat any. Oh well, maybe some day.

2 comments:

ying-ko-4 said...

You made this and didn't invite us? IS this the new official dinner of Hawg Riders? LOL!

Tell that nephew to move over. I'll eat and eat and eat with him.

Like the new design, BTW.

Mandi (a.k.a MissMandiGirl) said...

This looks so yummy :) I may have to give your lasagna a try :) Wonderful blog BTW :)