Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Margaritas, Springtime and Potato Salad

Spring is on the way I decided to celebrate on Sunday. We decided to grill - you saw the post with the chicken wings, and I decided to drink a margarita. I think of warm weather and margaritas. There is just something about it. The margarita was of the frozen variety and it tasted great! Trying out my new blender, I was very excited that the blender was powerful enough to get the top dirty. That was very exciting to me.





I also made potato salad. Now, I am not a big fan of potato salad, but my husband likes it, or he likes his mom's I should say. Anyway, I found the recipe that called for baby reds, celery and dill, so I thought I would try it. It turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. My only complaint would be the thickness of the sauce. The only wet ingredients are mayonaise and sour cream. I thought it was kind of difiicult to mix everything together. I ended up bringing the whole dish to room temperature before completing the final mix. I have been thinking about what to add to it make it just a little creamier. The recipe will be at the end of this post.

Dilled Potato Salad

Yield 8-10 servings

3 lbs. small red potatoes (in skins)
salt
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1/2 cup chopped fresh dill
1/2 cup chopped scallions
1 1/2 cups diced clelery
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mayonaise
8 thin slices prosciutto ham cut into bits
1/2 crumbled blue cheese - (I used feta because my husband doesn't like blue cheese)
  • Boil potatoes whole in salted water until fork tender
  • Drain and slice or quarter
  • Put drained potatoes into large bowl and sprinkle with vinegar immediately
  • In separate bowl, combine dill, scallions, celery, sour cream, mayonaise, prociutto, and blue cheese
  • Pour dressing over potatoes. Toss gently to coat thouroughly
  • Cover; refrigerate 3 to 4 hours.

I added salt and pepper to the dressing to add some more flavor. I thought it really needed it. The salad turned out very well. The only thing I would change other than adding salt and pepper would be trying to make the sauce a little more liquidy - for lack of a better word.

I found this recipe in a cookbook called St. Louis Days, St. Louis Nights. It is a cookbook put together by the Junior League of St. Louis. There are some very good recipes in there that I can't wait to try.

1 comment:

Sticky said...

That was a great spring-inspired party. I drank some Coors light that night. It was of the bottled variety. Drinking a beer makes me think of Spring...and Summer and Fall and Winter. It gets me so excited.