Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Friday, April 4, 2008

Pizza - Mexican Style

One night, while surfing the net, I found a blog that showed the Taco Bell style Mexican Pizza. I thought to myself, what a great idea! I just wish I could remember which blog it was. I had previously made up this recipe as a mexican lasagne, and it was pretty good, but a bit heavy, I thought.

Looking at the mexican pizza recipe on the blog, I decided that my lasagne recipe could be made into a pizza. Following is my version of Taco Bell's mexican pizza. I am sure I will be making changes to this recipe.


1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined and cut into chunks
1 tsp cumin
2 garlic cloves
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
1 lb chorize sausage loose or removed from casings
1 can refried beans
1 cup enchilada sauce
vegetable oil
flour tortillas - 8, 2 for each pizza
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
chopped fresh tomatoes
chopped lettuce
gruacamole
sour cream
sliced black olives


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Marinate shrimp in olive oil, garlic, lime juice and salt and pepper. Set aside. Cook sausage in skillet until done. Drain well. Wipe out pan. Heat up beans in microwave until hot. Cook shrimp in sausage skillet until just done.


Put oil in skillet and heat until very hot. Fry tortillas on both sides for 30-40 seconds per side. Drain on paper towels.

Combine shrimp with sausage and enchilada sauce in bowl. Divide into 4 portions for the tortillas

Layer tortilla with beans, shrimp and sausage mixture and cheese. Top with another tortilla shell and add cheese to top. Cook in oven until cheese is melted on top tortilla.

Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, sour creme, olives, and guacamole. Serve immediately.



I hope I have this right. I plan on trying to make these again. I thought the flavor was great, but I really don't think I needed to fry the tortilla shells. Trying to mimic the Taco Bell format was on my mind as I prepared this dish and every recipe I looked at called for frying the tortilla shells.

1 comment:

ying-ko-4 said...

What? No more wing recipes?

This looks tasty. And fattening...