Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, May 5, 2008

Montauk Seafood Salad Pasta

Ok, so last night I made Ina Garten's Montauk Seafood Salad and wasn't bowled over by it. Since I had a lot left over, I decided to make Montauk Seafood Salad Pasta - that is a mouthful. Anyway I took the salad out of the fridge and brought it to room temperature. Before I put the salad in the skillet, I sauted 3 cloves of garlic in some of the extra olive oil mixture. I then added about 3/4 cup white wine to the skillet, reduced it by about 1/3 and added the salad. While I was doing that, my pasta (linguini) was happily cooking on the stove. Once the pasta was cooked and the salad was warmed up, I tossed the noodles with the sauce, added parsely, salt, pepper, and mizithra cheese - I know, I know, the Italians never add cheese to their seafood sauce. It wasn't much cheese, and it added another wonderful flavor.

It was sooooo good. My husband told me to skip the salad next time and go straight to the pasta. He just really liked it a lot. I really don't know what it was about the salad that didn't work, I usually really like Ina's food, but this time........it isn't that it was bad, it just wasn't worth the money that was invested to make it.

6 comments:

giz said...

Way to go Katie - good save!!

Pixie said...

I still add cheese to my pasta too- can't help it and from what I recall in NY they would offer you cheese in Italian restaurants.

Hope you'll be able to join us in the putting up event- look forward to your entry!

Elle said...

It looks amazing over the pasta. And give me cheese, please! I'm glad it worked out better the second day. Maybe the flavors needed time to mingle overnight?

Katie's blog said...

My husband love, love, loved it!!! And you ae right, cheese does make it better.

michelle @ TNS said...

garlic + seafood + pasta is un-frigging-beatable. nice save!

My Sweet & Saucy said...

What a great twist on the recipe! Sounds great!