Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Montauk Seafood Salad


Have you ever seen something on tv, thought to yourself, "Hey, that looks really great!" and made it only to not be totally overwhelmed by it? I have seen Ina Garten make Montauk Seafood Salad twice now, and I decided to try it for myself. Usually her recipes are wonderful, but this time, I felt there was something missing in this dish. I am not sure if the fault lies with the recipe or with the cook; either way, I wasn't bowled over.

The shrimp and scallops were boiled in salted vinegar water, and the mussels were steamed in water. The sauce was warmed olive oil infused with lemon zest, garlic, and thyme, lemon juice, white wine vinager, salt and pepper. Celery and parsely finished off the dish

I wonder if I didn't infuse the oil long enough. That is where most of the flavor for the dish is. I have leftovers and I am going to make pasta with them tomorrow. I will be adding something to the dish, but I am not sure what. I know I will be adding more garlic and lemon. The salad wasn't bad by any means, but I know it can be more flavorful.

2 comments:

giz said...

I never met an Ina recipe I didn't like so now I'm curious as to what was missing.

Katie's blog said...

I don't know. I may try to make it again some day.