Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More Pasta Salad – Bow tie Pasta Salad

Okay, so I am making another pasta salad. My family and I are taking a little trip to our time share near Herman MO. soon. We always try to bring some already prepared food for our trip. Last year we brought Tuna Pasta Salad. Trying new dishes is fun, and this one was no exception. I found the recipe in Woman's World magazine. Each time I look through the magazine, I find a recipe that I want to try. This one just looked pretty, and I had all the ingredients on hand. I did, however, forget to put onions in the dish – I think that would have added a nice touch. If I make it for the trip, which I probably will, I will have to remember to put them in

Instead of cooking the chicken in a skillet, I had my husband grill the meat outside. Not having any Greek seasoning, I substituted Turkish seasoning from Penzeys – I love that store. Next time I make it – and I will make it again, I will use different pasta, just for a different shape. I thought that the chicken and the pasta were very close to the same shape – flat. Maybe I am strange; I just want my food to be three-dimensional.

Bow-Tie Chicken Salad
8 oz bow tie pasta
1 lb asparagus – tough ends trimmed, cut into 2-inch long pieces
1 lb boneless chicken breast halves
1 tsp dried Greek seasoning
1 tbsp + ¼ cup olive oil
1 tbsp lemon zest – fresh
6 tbsp lemon juice – I used fresh
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp sugar
½ cup chopped fresh dill
4 cups baby spinach leaves – 4 oz
½ cup thinly sliced red onion
½ cup crumbled feta cheese

Lemon slices

Cook pasta according to directions adding asparagus during last three minutes. Drain, rinse to cool.

Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. In large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium high heat. Add chicken; cook turning once, until cooked through, 7-8 minutes. Let chicken stand 10 minutes; slice ½" pieces.

In bowl, whisk next five ingredients and remaining oil; add dill. Toss spinach with three tbsp dressing; place on platter. Add pasta, asparagus, chicken and onion to remaining dressing; toss. Spoon over spinach. Sprinkle with feta and garnish with lemons.

4 comments:

Pixie said...

Hi sweet Katie, I know what you mean about wanting pasta to be three dimensional- I think it just makes it more fun to eat.

No worries about missing out on the event. I'm hoping to carry on with it during the Summer time and hope you'll be able to find the chance to participate then.

Elle said...

This looks fantastic! I know what you mean about the pasta shape! We love to experiment with new ones. I like the idea of grilling the chicken, too. Great dish!

Psychgrad said...

Great looking dish Katie! I have some bowties in my cupboard that are screaming at me to be eaten.

Sophie said...

Your blog features a delicious array of recipes; the way you've chosen to present your recipe collection is admirable. We'd like to pass along a gift to you; it's an acclaimed service that any cook with a recipe collection would feel honored to use. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested.