Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Strawberry Festival


Each year in our community there is a Strawberry Festival put on by the local UCC church. It is a one day event that includes more than just strawberries. The other big draw is a bike ride around town and into the country. If that weren't enough, there is music, crafts, and other food. Each year our family goes to the festival to eat strawberries, brats, and enjoy visiting with friends and family. It is one of the first events of spring; I look forward to it each year.

This year was different for our family. We started attending the UCC church this past fall, and for the first time we got to work at the festival. I really enjoyed being a part of this. It was a beautiful day - very windy - the strawberries were sweet and juicy. The brats were great and I ended up going to Korte to get some of the same brats so we could grill them at home. I am so glad spring seems to finally be arriving in our area.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Those berries look yummy! And yes, they did taste good on Sunday, didn't they? I had a piece of pie for breakfast and some shortcake after lunch! We were glad to have you and Steve working this year!

giz said...

Amazing that you're getting strawberries already - we're still trying to get through asparagus and lusting for the strawberries. It's just been too cold. I'm so jealous.