Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Tomato, Basil, and Mozzarella Salad


I hate it that tomatoes are tainted right now; although, I was very happy that my favorite - tomatoes on the vine were safe. Since we had people over Saturday, I decided to make Tomato, Mozzarella, and Basil Salad. While it is a simple dish, the taste is wonderful. Mozzarella, fresh, is a wonderfully mild cheese that enhances almost anything that is paired with it. The basil, one of my son's favorite herbs, is from the front porch. I love to grow my own herbs. This dish truly represents summer with its bright colors and fresh flavors. I am on a search for more mozzarella ideas!!!

For my recipe, I used three vine ripened tomatoes, one pound of fresh mozzarella, and about ten fresh basil leaves. After putting everything on the plate, I drizzled olive oil and sprinkled salt and pepper over all of it. Letting the dish sit for a while allows the flavors to blend. Clicking on the above link will show that I very closely followed Ina's recipe. Bobby Flay has an interesting dressing to put on top of the tomatoes and mozzarella that I might try next.
I also liked this recipe from What's Cooking America? - the introduction was very interesting to me.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been so hot & humid in Paris today & this looks like the perfect "fresh" answer to supper. Thank you!

recipes2share said...

sorry just posted a comment , it was from recipes2share, but hit send before name, sorry!

Katie's blog said...

That's ok! I have done that before.

daphne said...

I like the clean and fresh flavours on this dish! nice!

Elle said...

One of my favorite dishes. Ever! Looks great!

Katie's blog said...

I am on a roll - I love the flavor combination. My next post is a variation on the same ingredients!