Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Lunch by the Pool

I had a friend over for lunch by the pool. Going through the options in my mind, I decided to make chicken salad. I had some fresh dill on the front porch begging to be used. The basis for my salad was the tuna salad recipe my husband told me about, and that I have been making for the past ten years or so. Lunch turned out really well. My friend brought a pasta salad that was very good. She used tri colored pasta, feta cheese, tomato, among other things to make an appealing summer dish.

It was a beautiful day; it started out kind of rainy, but ended up nice and warm. Sitting outside eating in the sunshine was very relaxing, and something I look forward to doing each year.

Dilled Chicken Salad

2 boneless chicken breasts
2 boneless chicken thighs
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
kosher salt - to taste
freshly ground pepper - to taste
2 tsp celery seed
mayonaise -enough to coat salad
4 eggs hard boiled
2 tbsp fresh dill chopped
1/2 cup clelery chopped
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp chopped chives - more for garnish
Leaf lettuce - for garnish
Tomatoes - sliced
Fresh bread - I used sliced Italian
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat chicken in olive oil and Italian seasoning. (I mix together in a bowl.) Put chicken on a cookie sheet and cook for 10-15 minutes or until done. Remove from oven and let chicken cool - tear apart with a fork and put in large bowl.

Combine with rest of indredients except chives for garnish and let chill for 1 hour. Check seasonings and add salt and pepper if needed. Serve on bed of lettuce with fresh chives for garnish. Serves four.

4 comments:

recipes2share said...

This is so light and tasty, perfect for a summer day!

Katie's blog said...

Thanks! It turned out really well - I will be making it again.

Dolores said...

Your chicken salad and your roasted potatoes with Ina's aoili are going to be my contributions to Taste & Create this month. I've baked off the chicken... can't wait to see how it turns out.

Katie's blog said...

I hope you like it! I love Taste and Create!