Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Memphis Night One

For our first night in Memphis, we went to Rum Boogies on Beale Street. I had their gator gumbo, hubby had the red beans and rice, and we split the app sampler - smoked chicken wings, smoked keilbosa sausage, fried pickles, chicken fingers, and bbq nachos. My favorite part of the sampler were the pickles and the sausage. The sauce on the wings was ketchup based - not my favorite. The chicken fingers were very good but large. My gumbo was terrific. It was a roux based gumbo with sausage, chicken, gator and shrimp. There was quite a bit of spice which made for a great flavor. I just love a good gumbo. The fried pickles were fabulous. I have only had them one other time and I wasn't very impressed. This time, however, they were great.

After dinner we walked around and ended up back at Rum Boogies to listen to the band, Elmo and the Shades. They were great. Playing a mix of blues and rock, they were thoroughly entertaining.

2 comments:

Elle said...

Oooh, the food sounds great! Especially the fried pickles.

Katie's blog said...

I am going to try the pickles at home. I will post my results!!!