Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, June 16, 2008

A Pasta Creation

I really enjoy watching food tv. In fact today, I was watching Tyler's Ultimate and saw him make what looks like a fabulous pasta dish. I thought to myself, "Hey, I can run real fast to the store and make this dish - Hubby would love it. Then I stopped myself.....why do I have to go to the store? Can't I make my own version of this recipe with ingredients that I already have on hand? I can, I can do this. So I set off to search the fridge, freezer, and pantry and guess what I found??

Sausage, shrimp, spinach, garlic, white wine, thyme (from my porch), parsley, and other items. More than enough to make my own fabulous pasta dish. Just to let you know, it was the little sausage meatballs that really got me thinking.
1 lb shimp - peeled and deveined
2 tsp Italilan seasoning
Kosher salt
Pepper
4-5 sprigs fresh thyme
4 tbsp olive oil
2 lbs sausage made into bite size balls
4 cloves garlic - minced
1 cup chicken broth
1 lb pasta - your choice - I like the short pasta athat can hold the sauce and flavor
1 cup white wine - whatever you like to drink
2 ladles pasta water
2 cups spinach
1/2 cup parmesean cheese -split
medium handful parsley chopped

Peel and devein shrimp. Put in bowl, mix with 1 tbsp olive oil and ital seasoning. Add small amount of salt and pepper, combine and let sit.

Heat olive oil in large skillet - add sausage meatballs and brown on all sides. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken stock and thyme, reduce heat and simmer until sausage is done.

While pasta is cooking, add shrimp to sausage and chicken stock. Let cook until almost done. Add wine, reduce by 1/3. When pasta is done, add 2 ladles of pasta water to sauce mixture along with spinach. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low - spinach will wilt.

Combine pasta with sauce, add 1/2 parsley, 1/2 parmesean cheese, and combine. Top with rest of cheese and parsley. Serve immediatly. Serves 4.

There it is, my version of Tyler's pasta. I will be making Tyler's pasta soon, and I can't wait to compare the two.

3 comments:

recipes2share said...

Looks great, I know we would love this as a tasty midweek dinner, thank you!

Katie's blog said...

It was realy good. We really liked it.

Elle said...

This looks wonderful and filled with lots of good stuff!