Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Shrimp and Pasta

Tonight we ate by the pool. After watching Everyday Italian, I had to make Whole Grain Spaghetti with Pecorino, Prosciutto, and Pepper. I have been thinking about trying to cook with the whole grain pastas and since I was going to the grocery store today, I thought I would buy some to try. Another reason I wanted to try this recipe was the prosciutto ham. When I lived in Colorado, I used to work with prociutto all the time, and I loved to snack on it.

To go with the pasta, and have something that the kids will like, I also made shrimp skewers on the grill. I brushed them with olive oil, sprimkled with salt and pepper, and put shrimp seasoning on them. For some reason, shrimp on skewers is the only shrimp my kids will eat.

Everything turned out well. The kids had fun; Steve and I really liked the pasta, and all the shrimp was eaten.

4 comments:

recipes2share said...

Eating this by the pool sounds so indulgent! - I trust you enjoyed!

Anonymous said...

such a happy story.

Katie's blog said...

It was very tasty and we love eating outside.

Elle said...

Looks great!