Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, June 9, 2008

Tacos Carne Asada

I have been out of town for the past few days, but I am back and cooking for my family again. Today, we made tacos carne asada. I used two different recipes to create dinner and used ingredients from the fridge and pantry for toppings. I used Tyler Florence's recipe for the marinade and Michael Chiarello's recipe for the type of steak. What follows is my version.

Tacos Carne Asada
2 pounds boneless beef chuck sliced into 1/4 inch pieces.
10 ten inch flour tortillas, warmed up
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapano, minced
1 large handful fresh cilantro finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
2 limes juiced
1 orange juiced
2 tablespoons white vinager
1/2 cup olive oil
In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime jice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine. Pour over meat in plastic bag and let marinate for 1-8 hours.

Preheat grill to medium high heat and grill steak pieces until done to your likeness. Warm up tortillas; add taco meat and toppings. Eat and enjoy!

Toppings
1 tomato - small to medium dice
3/4 cup sliced black olives
1/2 head chopped leaf lettuce
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
salsa
jalapenos sliced

Dinner was very good - We ate out by the pool. The night was a little breezy, but it was just so peaceful sitting out there with my family. It makes me realize just how blessed I am.

5 comments:

Elle said...

Oh, these look fantastic! And by the pool? Even better!

Katie's blog said...

We are having fun eating by the pool this year, now that it has stopped raining so much.

abby said...

i'm very jealous of your pool katie!

i'm just looking which of your recipes to choose to try for taste & create...

recipes2share said...

I just wish it was worth having a pool here in Paris! Taco's look divine!

Katie's blog said...

I would love to be in Paris!