Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Friday, August 15, 2008

Italian Quesadillas

I love the flavors of summer. Tomatoes and mozzarella cheese are my favorite, if you can’t already tell from my previous blog posts. This time, I thought I might try something I saw on tv; Italian quesadillas. I really thought the kids would like them. I used fresh mozzarella, tomatoes from my friend’s garden, basil from my porch, and chicken roasted with Italian spices. I would have grilled but it looked like rain and I knew if I started grilling it would rain for sure. It didn’t, of course. While my husband and I really enjoyed them, my kids weren’t so impressed. Oh well, as long as they keep trying new things; that is the important thing.

Along with the quesadillas, we had salad with Italian dressing, tomatoes, pancetta, ricotta, and eggs. Dinner was nice and light; perfect for a summer evening.

Italian quesadillas

Flour tortillas – 10 inch
Fresh tomatoes – sliced thinly
Fresh mozzarella – sliced thinly
Grilled or roasted chicken with Italian seasonings
Basil leaves
Salt
Pepper
Olive oil

On one half of tortilla, in layers place cheese, tomatoes, chicken and basil. Add salt, pepper, and drizzle olive oil over top of layers. Close and place on flat grill seasoned with olive oil. Cook over medium to medium high heat until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed through. Serve immediately.










7 comments:

the Aspirant Abecedarian said...

I don't know why I've never thought of this idea. Thank you so much for sharing it looks amazing!

recipes2share said...

I agree, these are so the flavours & colours of summer. What an easy supper or lunch combination you have prepared too!

Katie's blog said...

Thank you very much. The idea wasn't mine, but it sure tasted great!!!

Elle said...

What a great idea! they look delicious, and those are gorgeous photos!

Kitchen Flavours said...

Wow. First time here. U have a nice blog. I like this Italian Quesadillas. Looks yum

Pam said...

What a delicious quesadilla! All of my favorite things rolled into one. Nice photos too.

Katie's blog said...

Thanks for the comments! I am really working on my photos.