Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lemon Raspberry Swirl Muffins - Taste and Create


For this month’s Taste and Create, I was paired with Grace from A Southern Grace. Not only are her posts funny and entertaining, she also takes some awesome pictures. Go and check her blog out – you will be sure to leave hungry!

I chose to make Lemon – Blueberry muffins this month. So off to the store I went with my little one. His job was to remember blueberry preserves and lemons; my job was to remember whole wheat flour. For whatever reason, there were no blueberry preserves, so I had to substitute raspberry preserves. They pair very well with lemon too. By the way, Benny did a great job remembering his ingredients and he helped me decide to substitute raspberry preserves. I also used a large muffin tin vs. a small one because I had large muffin cups on hand. The baking time increased for the muffins by about four minutes.

My muffins turned out to be very moist and full of flavor. The preserves added a lot of moisture and the wheat flour added a different texture and maybe a little nutty flavor. The raspberry preserves added a tang that I don’t think the blueberries would have brought t o the muffins. The muffins turned out really well. I don’t think I have ever had muffins that were that moist before. Thanks Grace for sharing this great recipe!!

Lemon-Blueberry or Raspberry Swirl Muffins

makes 24 magnificent mini muffins – or 12 large muffins.

Lemon Raspberry Swirl Muffins

A light tasty moist muffin with fresh flavors that come ...

See Lemon Raspberry Swirl Muffins on Key Ingredient.

4 comments:

Grace said...

looks like you did a mighty fine job, katie! heck, i think a raspberry-lemon combination sounds even better than blueberry! i'm glad we "met." :)

Katie's blog said...

Thanks! They were really good and easy to make!

recipes2share said...

Katie, they look great & will make a great lunch box treat for my kids!

Sophie said...

We would like to feature your tasty muffins on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

You can view our blog here:
blog.keyingredient.com/