Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Friday, September 5, 2008

The Dinner I Wasn't Going to Cook

Tonight was a night I didn’t want to cook; however, I ended up grilling a steak and making pasta with Eggs and Bacon; otherwise known as carbonara. While I think I may have put too much cheese it the sauce, it still turned out well. I also made a sirloin steak with herbs de Provence, sea salt and freshly ground pepper. For someone who didn’t want to cook, dinner turned out really well, I think.

Pasta with Eggs and Bacon – Carbonara

2 tbsp olive oil
5 oz bacon – pancetta
1 garlic clove, crushed
14 oz linguini
3 eggs at room temperature.
¾ cup freshly ground parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

In a medium frying pan, heat pancetta with olive oil and garlic until bacon begins to brown. Remove garlic. Keep bacon and fat hot until needed. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, warm a large serving bowl and break eggs into it. Beat the parmesan cheese with a fork and season with salt and pepper. As soon as pasta is done, drain quickly and mix it into the egg mixture. Pour on the hot bacon and its fat. Stir well. The heat from the pasta and bacon fat will lightly cook the beaten eggs. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Elle said...

Katie, it looks wonderful! I got your comment on the bacon--thanks!

If you want to be entered in the sherbet giveaway, you need to leave a comment on that post, because I'm going to choose 2 random numbers from the comments. thanks!

Katie's blog said...

Thanks for the comment! I am going to make your bacon soon, I promise!

Beth said...

Katie....I made this pasta tonight as a side dish for our meal. It was pretty good and the girls actually ate it! I will probably make it again sometime.

Katie's blog said...

I am glad you liked it!!!