Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Pasta Presto Night and Oxtail Sauce with Pasta

This is my first Pasta Presto night. This event is hotsted by Equal Opportunity Kitchen I decided to make a completely new pasta dish that I had never made it before. As I have been trying to do, my goal with this dinner was to use ingredients that I already had on hand.

For the past couple of years, we have gotten a side of beef. With the side of beef comes the oxtail. I finally decided to cook the oxtail. After searching and searching for a recipe, I found one that Emeril wrote called Homemade Pasta Squares with Oxtail Sauce.

There were a lot of steps for this recipe – as there often are with Emeril’s recipes. This was the first time I have eaten oxtail and was quite surprised how long it has to cook. The entire dinner took over three hours to prepare. It was, by no means, a difficult dinner to cook, it just took a long time. Since I don’t have a pasta maker, I didn’t make the pasta. I found some egg pasta at the store and used that instead.

Having never had oxtail before, I wasn’t sure what to expect. The pasta was somewhat greasy, and I can only attribute that to the oxtail, as there wasn’t much else to make the dish greasy. I really liked the flavor of the sauce – I love pancetta and garlic, and the oxtail added a different beefy taste – I really can’t describe the flavor. It is just different from, say a steak or a roast.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Looks fantastic Katie! Nice and comforting on a cold night. Too bad I have to wait another month or two for a cold night!