Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sick Boy and Cookies

My little one has had a fever for the past two days, so when he asked me today to make cookies, what could I say? We made M&M cookies, which basically means that we made Chocolate chip cookies with M&M’s instead of chocolate chips. My oldest ate three cookies, and my little one ate almost an entire cookie. They both helped stir the batter and each got to eat a spoonful of the dough. I love raw cookie dough; I think my favorite, though is sugar cookie dough. I am glad that it only took cookies to make Benny happy. I just hate it when the boys don’t feel good.

Chocolate Chip Cookies

½ cup unsalted butter – one stick
¾ cup packed dark brown sugar
¾ cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 (12 oz bag) chocolate chips or M&Ms
2 ¼ cup flour
¾ tsp baking soda
1 tsp fine salt

Evenly position 2 racks in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone sheets.

Melt butter in microwave, cool slightly. Whisk the sugars, eggs, butter and vanilla in a large bowl until smooth.

Whisk the flour, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Stir the fry indredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon; take care not to over mix. Stir the chips or M&Ms.

Scoop heaping tablespoons of dough onto prepared pans. Wet hands slightly and roll dough into balls. Space the cookies about 2 inches apart on pans. Bake until golden but soft in the center 12 to 16 inches, depending on how chewy you like them. Transfer hot cookies with a spatula to a rack to cool. Serve.

3 comments:

Beth said...

These look yummy! I favorite cookie dough is chocolate chip without the chips! I would rather have dough than the actual cookie!

Katie's blog said...

Me too!

Jenny said...

I can't think of anything better I'd rather have than chocolate chip cookies with m & m's. They look great!