Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Presto Pasta Night

This is my second Presto Pasta night hosted by Once Upon a Feast. Not wanting to go to the store, I decided to clean out my fridge and see what I could come up with for this week.

For this week’s Pasta Presto night I decided to make a chicken pasta. I just looked in my fridge and pulled out some ingredients to cook. What was created was liked by both my husband and me. I really like experimenting with flavors and textures – sometimes it turns out well, sometimes not so good. This time, the result was very tasty.

1 lb linguini pasta cooked per package directions and drained
1 ½ lbs chicken breast tenders, diced up
1-2 tbsp Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp thyme
2 pinches crushed red pepper – more if spicier taste
1 cup white wine
1 cup chicken stock
¾ cup quartered artichokes
3 cups fresh spinach, cleaned
½ cup heavy cream
¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
3 tbsp parsley chopped

Combine chicken, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning Рset aside. Heat up oil in large skillet. Saut̩ chicken in olive oil over medium to medium high heat. Add garlic thyme and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until garlic gets soft. Remove chicken, add wine and stock; bring to boil and reduce by one third; add chicken back to skillet; cook until chicken is just done. Add artichokes and spinach, cover and wilt. Stir to combine. Add cream, cooked pasta, parmesan cheese and parsley; toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper, serve immediately.

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Mrs. Prange, you are so creative! =] Your page looks really good and that pasta looks yummy!

Ruth Daniels said...

Seriously tasty looking dish! Thanks for sharing with PResto Pasta Nights.

Katie's blog said...

Thanks for your comment!!

Andie_D_D said...

Mrs. Prange high high amount of cudos, all the dishes look amazing, i think im going to have my dad look at the page, and hopefully it will inspire him. =D

Irish lovin' green said...

P your a nerd......lol just kidding :D but of course once again you seis to amaze me..(i don't think thats spelled right) anyways looks good and i'm sorry that i procrastant on everything i'm trying to change that so i can do better!!