Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Dinner on Foodbuzz

Last week I had the opportunity to have dinner with some foodies at a restaurant in Clayton, MO, which is right outside St. Louis. The dinner was organized by Foodbuzz – a fabulous foodie website. Kelly from Sounding my Barbaric Gulp, Stef from the Cupcake Project and I were the foodies in attendance. We went to the Crossing, a contemporary restaurant that serves the freshest food St. Louis has to offer.

All of us chose to have one of the tasting menus offered by the restaurant. There are two tasting menus offered; The Crossing Tasting Menu and the Premium Tasting Menu. I chose the Premium Tasting Menu. For my first course I sampled the beef tartare with a farm fresh egg. It reminded me somewhat of my childhood as my mother loved tartare.

For my second course I tried the pan seared sea scallops; Stef’s husband also tried them. We both thought they were somewhat overcooked. The staff was extremely pleasant about correcting the order and the chef even came out to make sure we were happy with our corrected order. The scallops were very tender and the truffle oil was excellent.

For my third course, I chose the beef tenderloin with pomme puree and bleu cheese. The bleu cheese was a quite different touch for me and it added a sharp zing to the dish. While the tenderloin was small, the flavor was wonderful and the meat very tender.

For my dessert I chose the warm chocolate torte but with Ice Cream. It was probably one of the best desserts I have eaten, and I actually ate every bite.

Even though I don’t know what kind of wine I had, I enjoyed it. I liked the wine service too – they serve the wine in a small decanter with a large wine glass. It is the way wine is supposed to be served. I really enjoyed my dinner and truly enjoyed meeting some of the people whose blogs I read. It is great to put a personality and a face with the blogs I enjoy.

1 comment:

Beth said...

The tenderloin looks awesome! I don't know about that tartare though. We need to set a date for our next restaurant adventure!