Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Gravlax with Mustard Sauce

I saw Ina's episode of Barefoot Contessa where she made Gravlax with Mustard Sauce quite a while ago. I decided that I really wanted to try to make it myself. Gravlax is a Scandinavian style of preparing fish. The fish is cured for three days in its own juices, salt, sugar, pepper, fennel, and dill. Not being a difficult dish to make, I decided to try it. This post will take a couple of days - I will add to the post each day that I check my salmon. More to come tomorrow! See ya then!!


Put a smaller pan over the salmon and weight with heavy cans


Place other piece of salmon over the first, skin side up


Step 3 - Put seasoning evenly over salmon and dill

Put a large bunch of dill over salmon
Take one 3 pound piece of salmon and cut in half. Put on half in deep pan skin side down

3 comments:

Beth said...

Hey! When do we get to see the rest of this process? :-)

KC said...

Thanks for reminding me. We made gravlax once when Mr. KC caught a big spring salmon. We used a 6 pack of cokes to weigh it down.

Katie's blog said...

It didn't work out too well for me this time, but I am going to try again next time I get a big piece of salmon.