Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Herbs, Family, and Authors

Sometimes it gets really busy; life can be hectic. These past couple of weeks have been hectic for me. Not only did I go to Canada for a weekend with my family, I got to go to Illinois State University to see Elie Wiesel – a Holocaust survivor, humanitarian, Nobel Peace Prize winner, and author. He wrote Night, an account of his time in Auschwitz during WWII. I teach it to my sophomores every year. It was great to be able to hear him talk – probably one of my best days.


Anyway, I haven’t had much of a chance to work on my blog. Not that I have made anything new – I made pesto for my son. I wanted to share it with you all because on Saturday the boys and I went to my friend’s house for a play date. We ate pizza and drank wine – the boys drank juice. My friend has a very nice herb garden and gave us basil, mint, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, and sage. It all smelled so good. I used the basil tonight for my pesto. I also bought spedini meat, fresh mozzarella, and prosciutto on the hill. I rolled the prosciutto and cheese in the spedini meat seasoned with salt and pepper and olive oil. Dinner was at the table with the family. Those are the best times – sharing with family and friends.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your dinner looks delicious. I've only made pesto once before; it was a spinach pesto and turned out pretty good. Someday I'll make the real thing. :-)

I made your Sour Cream Cookies today for Taste and Create. They were so yummy! I ate eight in a row. Oops. My post is here:

http://baskersfunfoods.blogspot.com/2008/10/two-fun-cookie-recipes.html