Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Taste and Create - Tuna Chili Mac

I feel horrible. I have been so busy with school, my new writing gig, and life at home that I completely forgot about this month’s Taste and Create. As soon as I remembered, I looked through my partner, Stephanie from Fun Foods on a Budget’s; recipes and she has quite a few interesting ones, but I was limited to recipes where I had all the ingredients. Luckily I found Tuna Chili Mac. Not only did I have all the ingredients, but I love tuna, chili, and noodles. This was a quick easy recipe for me to make tonight. I used a rigatoni noodle and didn’t put in the lentils, because I didn’t have any in my pantry. I put the pasta in front of the kids and the verdict: Yummy!!!!!

The only change I would make is to put more seasonings in it to give it a more chili taste. I am really glad that I had to scour my cabinets as this is one dish I will definitely make again. Thanks Stephanie for an easy dinner fix!


Tuna Chili Mac
8 oz. elbow macaroni
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can tuna, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes, partially drained (leave some of the juice with the tomatoes)
1/2 cup cooked lentils (or canned corn, drained)
1 tsp. each chili powder, cumin
1/2 tsp. each garlic powder, onion powder
1/4 cup french fried onions
2-3 oz. shredded cheese

Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain, then return to pan. Add soup, tuna, tomatoes, lentils, and seasonings. Heat through. Sprinkle with french fried onions and shredded cheese. Cover and heat until cheese melts. Great served with tortilla chips (or crackers).

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Glad you enjoyed it - and reminded me of it! That was one of my earlier posts, way back before I had any traffic, :-). I'll have to make it again, sometimes I forget about the stuff I made way back when. Yours looks delicious!

Irish green said...

oh yummy....it looks wonderful!!i wanna try to make it....

Beth said...

Looks yummy! Too bad my picky family doesn't like chili or tuna. Save me some next time you make it! Hee hee!!!

Katie's blog said...

Thanks for the comments - it turned out really good!!!