Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

French Toast for the Boys

Tuesday was Veteran's Day and we were lucky to be off as a family. I decided to make French Toast for the boys. Making them reminded me about making them for my grandparents when I was a kid. I beat the eggs, added cinnamon and milk. I then proceeded to make french toast for the three of us. It was really good, but I used too much egg and had some left over.

My grandma wanted me to scramble the rest and eat them - just to let you know that, while french toast tastes very good with the dash of cinnamon, it doesn't translate very well to plain scrambled eggs. I guess I learned my lesson as I had nary a drop of egg mixture left when I made them for my family this week.

Making the french toast for them reminded them about breakfast for dinner. My boys love breakfast at dinnertime, so Friday, I made scrambled eggs - no cinnamon - and hash browns with sausage. That was okay, they said, but next time, they want blue cornmeal pancakes.

No comments: