Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pasta Presto Night - Steak Pasta with Gorgonzola and Spinach

My weeks seem to get busier and busier. I don’t know where the time goes, but go it does. I have been trying to make food ahead as I don’t have time every night of the week to cook. I don’t mind ordering out occasionally, but I don’t want to get into that habit.

For this week's Pasta Presto, I decided to showcase a new pasta I created. Presto Pasta Night is a weekly event that has a different host each week. This week Pasta Presto Night is being hosted by Presto Pasta Nights.

Last weekend, we cooked quite a bit. Hubby grilled arm steak – from our side of beef, hamburgers, and backbone, which are actually large pork chops. He ate the pork, we all ate the burgers, and I turned the arm steak into a very tasty pasta dish.

I really enjoy looking in my fridge and creating something new to my family and me. I saw the steak, knew I had to do something with it; I also remembered the gorgonzola cheese I had purchases recently on the Hill. The spinach I saw confirmed what I was going to make; Steak pasta with gorgonzola and spinach.

It was actually very easy. I based my dinner off a recipe I sometimes make called Linguini with Butter, Pecorino, Arugula and Black Pepper. In this recipe the sauce was made in the same bowl the pasta was served in. I did the same thing. I warmed the bowl, melted my butter, added salt and pepper, and then put in the pasta, cheese, steak and spinach. I mixed everything up and served. It was an easy, very tasty dish that I will make again soon.

Pasta with Steak, Spinach, and Gorgonzola Cheese

2 ¼ lb. arm steaks grilled rare with sea salt and pepper and sliced thin
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 to 1/3 lb gorgonzola cheese crumbled
½ stick butter melted
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2-3 large handfuls fresh spinach
1 lb pasta – your choice
2 ladles pasta water

Cook pasta per package directions, making sure to add salt to the boiling water. Meanwhile, slice steak in short thin strips and reheat in 2 tablespoons olive oil until heated through. Set aside. Warm a serving bowl, add melted butter, salt and pepper. When pasta is finished add to bowl along with cheese, spinach, and steak. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.

3 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

Wonderful combinations...especially the addition of gorgonzola. My son-in-law in particular is going to love it.

Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Mary said...

The combination of steak, spinach and gorgonzola is really hard to beat!

Katie's blog said...

It was really good - I love it when something turns out really well!