Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Presto Pasta Nights and Spaghetti Tacos

This may be the silliest entry I have ever written, and I am writing this for Presto Pasta Nights. This is a weekly event that has a different host for each event. This week’s event is being held by Ruth over at Once Upon a Feast.

I have two small boys who love to watch TV. One of the shows they watch is ICarly, a show about kids who have their own web show. It is actually quite funny and I will watch the odd episode or two with my kids. Anyway, I digress, sort of. On ICarly, the older brother is often shown cooking. One of the dinners he seems to cook quite often – or I just keep seeing the same episode over and over – is spaghetti tacos. The boys have seen those tacos and wanted me to try to make them. So I did. The boys, however, had a problem eating the tacos and they quickly reverted to regular spaghetti. A couple of nights later, I was watching my neighbor's kids and the little boy was so excited because I could make Spaghetti Tacos. He loved them - in fact he kept saying "Too good" the whole time he was eating. I am thinking that his mom will soon be making Spaghetti Tacos for him.

It is really quite easy; just make your favorite spaghetti. My sauce recipe comes from our babysitter, who is a fabulous cook. I know because I see her food and smell it all the time! She tells me that this recipe comes from an Italian cook she knows.

Spaghetti Sauce, compliments of my babysitter

2 lbs hamburger – sausage would be good here too, or a combination of both.
4 cans tomato paste
2 cups of water for each can of tomato paste
Finely grated parmesan cheese
Basil
Oregano
Olive oil
Garlic
Sugar

She gave me no measurements. I cooked the meat, drained it added olive oil and garlic to the pan – I used a 4-6 quart stockpot – cooked the garlic for 2-3 minutes and added the meat back. Add the tomato paste and water, combine. Add other herbs, sugar, and salt and pepper to pot and simmer for 1 hour. Add cheese, combine to melt. Cook for another 15-20 minutes and serve with your favorite pasta.

4 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

Great post! I love the idea - no one knows fun like kids! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Katie's blog said...

The kids had a lot of fun with the tacos!

Mary said...

What a novel idea! My grandsons will love this.

lc said...

My boys have been asking me to make these, after seeing them on icarly. I just googled "spaghetti tacos" and found your recipe. They are so excited!