Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Presto Pasta Night and BBQ Spaghetti

Presto Pasta is a fun blogging event that I just love – maybe because I love pasta, who knows? Anyway, for this week, I chose to try BBQ Spaghetti. It is something I tried at Marlowe’s in Memphis, TN this past summer. Yummy, Yummy. I blogged about Marlowe's this past summer. Before we went to Memphis, I scoured the restaurant scene, looking for really interesting places to eat. Marlowe’s is close to Elvis’ house, complete with a pink limo in the front, and a piggy vehicle. Fried pickles were also on the menu, and I tried those as well. I am now a fried pickle person. Too bad they are fattening, I would eat them every day.

I bought a pork butt, put some Memphis rub on it and slow roasted it for several hours in my mini electric roaster. After I let the meat cool a little while, I separated it with a fork and added it to readymade barbeque sauce.



Barbeque Spaghetti

One pork butt – 4-5 lbs
Memphis Rub - I made a double batch.
Barbeque Sauce
½ to 1 cup Beef stock
1 scoop pasta water
½ to 1 cup Juice from pork butt
1 lb spaghetti cooked per package directions
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheddar and Monterey

Slow cook pork butt at 275 degrees with Memphis rub liberally rubbed on butt. When meat is falling apart, pork is done. Remove from roaster and let cool. Tear meat apart with fork and place in stock pot with barbeque sauce of choice – I used KC Masterpiece original. Bring mixture to a near boil and let simmer for 45 minutes to an hour. Cook pasta.

To mixture, add 1 scoop of pasta water, beef stock, and juices from pork – adjust liquids to desired consistency. Stir and heat through. Add pasta to sauce mixture and combine. Top with cheddar and jack cheese and serve.

I know I used linguini; that was all I hadI set some of the pork and bbq sauce aside so that Hubby could have some bbq sandwiches, which he loves.

This week’s – the first of 2009 - Presto Pasta Night is being hosted by Ruth at Once Upon a Feast. She always does a fabulous job. Stop by and take a look at all the terrific creations!

2 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

What a cool idea! Thanks so much for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

tigerfish said...

Pasta in a bun! How cool!