Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Taste and Create - Super Bowl Buffalo Chicken Panini

I know it has been a while since I posted; life just gets so hectic. With the holidays coming up and final exams that nearly drove me crazy, I have just been so busy. Working, taking care of kids, not doing laundry, and just trying to keep up is a job. I never know whether I am coming or going. In fact, tomorrow, I have to complete my Christmas shopping – yes, on Christmas Eve, I will be hitting the mall. Can’t wait.

For this month’s Taste and Create, I was paired with HoneyB of The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch. Her blog is a treasure trove of baked goods – for my next baking foray, that is where I am going to search for recipes. She has a wonderful blog, full of stories and wonderful dishes, many of which I wanted to try. After looking thoroughly through her blog, I found a Panini recipe, which was really cool, as I recently purchased a Panini pan.

I happened to find the Super Bowl Buffalo Chicken Panini. As Hubby loves buffalo chicken, it was a slam dunk for me. The only change I really made was to add fresh spinach to the sandwich, because I really like some kind of lettuce on my sandwich. I also used onion rolls for my bread choice. Next time I make them, I will have to add some heat for Hubby. He really likes spice. I liked the flavor – I don’t feel the need to burn my mouth and clean my sinuses.

Taste and create is a great event that gives food bloggers the opportunity to cook other bloggers’ recipes and blog about them. Nicole from For the Love of Food hosts the event at her Taste and Create site. Come check it out sometime!!!

Super Bowl Buffalo Chicken Panini

1-1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, sliced into 1/2″ strips
12-oz. bottle of Buffalo wing sauce (i.e., Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wing Sauce)
1 large red onion, sliced into thin rings
2 tablespoons butter plus one tablespoon butter
2 teaspoons granulated sugar – I didn’t use this. I added salt
4-6″ pita breads – I used Onion rolls
1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
1 cup of Mozzarella cheese, shredded

Add chicken and Buffalo wing sauce and 1 tablespoon butter to a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through well.

While the chicken is simmering, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Sauté onions for 13 minutes or until soft. Stir in sugar and sauté for another 10 minutes or until onions are caramelized. Set aside.

Preheat the Panini griddle.

Put olive oil in bottom of grill, make sandwiches and place on hot grill. Drizzle oil on top bun and place heated top of Panini grill over sandwich. Sandwiches were layerd as follows: Bottom bun, spinach, bleu cheese crumbles, chicken, onions, mozzarella cheese, and top bun.

2 comments:

HoneyB said...

This was a great sandwich to choose! I make it often when I am alone because it is so easy to make for just one. :) Thanks for being my partner!

Katie's blog said...

It was fun!