Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cooking Dinner and Working Bingo

Yesterday I worked my first bingo food stand. It was actually quite fun. I also made Ina’s Peanut Swirl Brownies for the food stand. In the winter, the Lions in our community host bingo, and other organizations man the food stand to raise money for their organizations. I was there with other ladies from our church to raise money for Sunday School. Even though we were there to work, it was a nice time, hanging out with old friends and making new ones. All the food turned out really well. My oldest and Hubby really liked the brownies, as did the ladies from church. Ina’s brownies always turn out well.

Tonight we had a simple dinner; grilled shrimp, pasta and salad. My boys really like grilled shrimp on a skewer – only on the skewer. They don’t eat shrimp when it is on the skewer. I don’t really understand it. Hubby said it was a perfect night to grill – full moon, no wind, and not too cold. I have to laugh, we grill out front in the winter, and in the back in the summer. The shrimp was sprinkled with Magic shrimp seasoning and brushed with olive oil. Since the boys don’t like salad, I gave them apple instead.

My next venture is with pasta. I am working on Italian beef pasta this week. Stay tuned, I will keep you posted!


2 comments:

Beth said...

Working bingo sometimes is fun, isn't it? Did you see my pies?

Katie's blog said...

Yes, I tried it too! They were very good!!!