Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's a Winner!!!!!!!

I love picking up my kids at the sitter. Not just for the obvious reasons, but also to smell the cooking. Some days when I walk into her house, the smells take my breath away. She is a scratch cook, and she is wonderful. Anyway, this has to be the third or fourth time I have smelled this chicken dish. I had to have the recipe. After spotting it on her counter, I swiped it and ran out of the house with her recipe in my hot little hand…..ok maybe it wasn’t quite like that. I did spot it on her counter, but I asked politely if I could borrow the recipe to make a copy of it. She said yes. After telling a couple of people at school about the fabulous and easy chicken dish, I received some requests for copies of the recipe.

It is an easy dish to make – a one dish wonder!!! My hubby was a bit worried when I was telling him about it. I had told him that it was a creamy sauce, and he thought it was going to be heavy. He was quite pleasantly surprised and really liked the meal. My sitter said that she serves it with mashed potatoes, because of the gravy, but since I just used my potatoes the other day, I used some pasta that I had. I know you are shocked that I had pasta in the pantry. If you want a great one dish meal that is easy to prepare and wonderful, try this dish – you will love it!!! The flavors blend together to make a smooth creamy gravy/sauce that compliments anything that is served with it. The smoky flavor of the bacon works well with the chicken and the beef. This will be served again and again in our house. I like finding simple recipes that don't require much work, but still allow me to feed my family home cooked food.

Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Sauce

6 chicken breasts
1 jar chipped beef
½ lb bacon
1 can cream of mushroom soup – undiluted
1 can cream of chicken soup – undiluted
8 oz sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer the chipped beef on the bottom of a casserole pan. Wrap one piece of bacon around each chicken breast and place on top of chipped beef. Mix soups and sour cream together and pour over chicken and beef. Cook uncovered for 2 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes, pasta, stuffing, or anything you might like.

Enjoy! I will be back with more recipes and stories later!!!

4 comments:

Donna-FFW said...

This sounds simple and wonderful. Perfect weeknight meal!

Katie's blog said...

That is exactly what I thought! I like to cook for my family every night, but it is really hard sometimes. This recipe makes it easier.

HoneyB said...

I would love to walk into my home and smell the wonderful aroma!

Sophie said...

This sounds creamy and delicious, I can see why you were mesmerized by the aroma at the sitter's house, my mouth is already watering!