Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Pulled Pork - Taste and Create

For the second month I am late with Taste and Create. I don’t mean to be. With T-ball, baseball, the end of the year and all that goes on with that, I just can’t keep up. I think I will skip May and jump back in June.

This month I was partnered up with Tara from Eat, be and see. by Teegee. She has a really neat blog with all kinds of cool entries. I was inspired by her entry to clean up and organize her pantry and frig. I am on a mission to do that……as soon as I get caught up with the laundry, which will probably never happen…..at least not for a million years.

I decided to make Crock Pot Pulled Pork. I ran to Tru-Buy to buy a pork butt, and low and behold, they were having a meat sale. I also bought a brisket and a tenderloin. Can’t wait to try those – that will probably happen before I get caught up on the laundry. We have to eat, you know.

The boys were my taste tester and they seemed to really like the pulled pork. I have another version, but this one was very easy and quite tasty. I chose Chibata bread, because it was on sale at the store and took the picture out by the pool – this is my first food picture of the season with a pool background. Anyway, what follows is the recipe as taken from Tara – go and visit her blog! You will have a good time!!!!

Crock Pot Pulled Pork

Ingredients~
3 lb pork roast (I get mine from a local farm- no grains in this hog! Organic too.)
1 bottle low carb BBQ sauce (only 3 g carbs per serving!)Some stock (ham stock if you have it), I used chicken.
2 T Liquid smoke
2 Bay leaves
1 T Cumin
1 T Paprika
Salt

Directions

1. Put roast in crock pot. Add 1/3 cup BBQ sauce over roast. Add liquid smoke, bay, cumin, paprika and stock to cover roast halfway. Add salt if you like it. I added a little beer too, well... because I could! Play around with it!

2. Set on low for about 6-8 hours. Remove roast and let cool until comfortable to handle. Drain liquid from crock pot, reserving about 1/2 cup

3. Cut into palm sized chunks, and commence pulling apart with your hands!

4. Put pork back into crock pot, set on high. Add reserved liquid and enough BBQ sauce to make yummy. I used about 3/4 cup. Add salt and pepper to taste. I added a little liquid smoke too, just to give it a little more smoky flavor. Let heat for about 20 minutes or until hot.

5. Done! Active cooking time: 20 mins!

1 comment:

HoneyB said...

Oh, this look REALLY YUMMY!