Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Taste and Create - Better Late Than Never

This entry has taken so long for me to cook and post this month, and I apologize for that. I have known for a while what I was going to make for this month’s Taste and Create – dreamed up by Nicole over at For the Love of Food.

This month, I was paired with Melissa from Schweet ‘n Savory. She is a high school junior with a love of food. Since I am a teacher, I had a blast looking at her blog. My entry this month, though, isn’t exactly from her blog. She had a post about her brother, who started his own blog called Terrible, Tolerable or Tasty. She spoke so nicely about this blog post of her brother’s, I chose to make his Buffalo Mac and Cheese. Not only did he rate it as tasty, so did my husband and me. It was really, really, good, and I will definitely make it again.

While I changed it up a bit, I feel that the integrity of the dish remains the same. Go check out both blogs! They are both great. I wonder if any of my students could start a food blog…..hmmmm.

Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese

16oz. penne rigate (any macaroni pasta will do)
3 "young chicken" thighs
1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) I used a combination of cheddar and monetary jack.
1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
1/4 cup buffalo sauce

1. Place the chicken thighs in a cooking pot of water, and cook on high heat for about 40 minutes. I roasted in a 450 degree oven with olive oil, salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning.

2. While the chicken is cooking place the pasta in a cooking pot of water and cook it for 25 minutes, or until it is soft

3. When the pasta is done, add both cups of cheese. The pasta should still be hot enough to melt the cheese. If not, you may need to cook it on low heat to mix the cheese in. I left a little of the salted pasta water in the pan to help mix the cheese.

4. Pre-heat the oven to 350

5. When the chicken is done, pull it apart, and put it in a glass oven dish and add the buffalo sauce. If you like spicy food, you might want to add a little more sauce than the ingredients suggest.

6. Put the chicken in the oven and bake it at 350 for 8-10 minutes.

7. When the chicken is done baking, mix it in with the macaroni and cheese and enjoy. I added green onions as a garnish.

Like I said, it was really good! Try it; add your own twist. I knew high school kids could cook! I want to add that the picture was taken by my littlest one – I think he did a great job!!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I think this is one of my new favorite pasta dishes for now on. Great choice, it looks delicious!

Jescel said...

oh, this is interesting. my hubby likes buffalo wings and mac and cheese, so it would be smart to combine them, eh?

Katie's blog said...

My husband really liked it. It will most likely become a staple in our house!