Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gringo Meatballs and Baseball

Today I took my kids to the store – you know the drill, you end up buying way more than you want to, just because they keep asking for stuff. Anyway, they had food tastings today, which I usually pass – trying to watch what I eat, and the boys wanted to try spicy meatballs. They looked good, so I tried one too; and they were!

I should have known, with Gringo salsa as one of the ingredients. Gringo Salsa is made right here in Illinois; O’Fallon to be exact. We ended up buying meatballs to make them and I cooked them when I got home. While there is a bit of spice, the heat from the salsa is tempered by the honey. All in all a great dish! We have some leftover meatballs for another meal – great!

One reason I haven’t been posting as much is that not only is it the end of the school year, but there are tee ball and baseball games to go to during the week. It is enough to keep us really busy. These are pictures of my two little ball players.

Gringo Meatballs

1 jar of Gringo Medium Salsa
½ cup honey
1 tsp ginger
3 tbsp soy sauce
3 lbs. cooked meatballs – I used turkey meatballs (6 grams of fat vs 19 grams of fat)

Heat honey for 1 minute in microwave, add ginger, soy sauce and whisk together. Pour mixture into large mixing bowl, add gringo salsa, mix again. Pour mixture over meatballs in deep baking pan. Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Italian meatballs are acceptable. Makes tasty hot wings, baked chicken, or pork. Use four pounds of meat at 350 for 2 ½ hours. (I didn't use the roaster method. I chose to put mine in a crock pot - the recipe card said you could crock it too, but didn't give directions. I just started out on low for one hour and then on high for another hour to hour and a half. Nothing could have been easier.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back again; I will have new recipes and stories for you!

No comments: