Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Strawbverry Festival

May 16 was our church’s Strawberry Festival. Every year the church puts together a beautiful day with two different bike rides, food, games for kids, crafts on sale, people to talk to, and of course – strawberries, strawberries, strawberries. It is a day I look forward to each year. Last year was the first year I worked the festival, and this year I didn’t work the day of the festival, but I worked the day before cleaning strawberries. It is a good feeling to help out.

I was a little worried about the weather, but it turned out to be a beautiful day. We got there early, and the kids ran around with their friends. One neat thing they did this year was release a bunch of balloons into the air. It was a pretty sight!

For the kids, there was face painting, two bounce houses, and some games. For the adults and kids, there was great food: strawberries, strawberry shortcake, ala mode, brats and hotdogs – the food was great.

I must say, that the strawberries this year were outstanding. They were sweet and juicy, and probably some of the best I have eaten. I can't wait to get some more since they are in season now.

Every year I look forward to the Strawberry festival. It is special, because it is the real first time we get to hang out outside with friends and family, and because we get to be with friends and family.

I took lots of pictures – mainly of the kids; my boys and some of their friends. The ladies are just a few of those who worked so hard to make the festival a success. Enjoy the pictures, and I will see you real soon with more recipes and stories!!!

No comments: