Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Monday, August 31, 2009

Mexican Rub - Very Very Tasty!!!

Last night, even though it was too cool to swim, it wasn’t too cool to grill. We grilled chicken wings and beef and shrimp kabobs. This is the second time I have used the rub I am going to share with you. It is out of the Weber Grilling cookbook – a favorite summertime cookbook of mine.

It is a Mexican rub that, according to the cookbook, is ok on all types of meat. I decided to put the rub on the shrimp and the beef – turned out very well. The cumin adds a great flavor without the heat, and the coriander adds that something special that leaves one wondering – what is that?

Served with a salad, green beans, and roasted potatoes, dinner was great! I just love sharing meals with my family. There is nothing better, except maybe family and friends.

Mexican Rub – from Weber Grilling Cookbook

Makes about ¼ cup

1 tbsp ground cumin
1 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp pasilla or chili powder
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dried oregano

Mix together and rub onto red meat, pork, poultry, seafood, or vegetables. Grill how you want.

See ya soon! Thawing meat for meatloaf and getting ready for chicken bouillabaisse.

1 comment:

Marisa said...

Thanks, the spice mix was delicious! I made them for Taste & Create (January), you can check out my post here --> http://thecreativepot.blogspot.com/2010/01/spicy-mexican-beef-skewers.html