Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Presenting Presto Pasta 127!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Presenting……….The latest installment of Presto Pasta!!!!!!! Yipee!! Here it is, Presto Pasta Number 127 and does it look fabulous! Presto Pasta was created by Ruth from Once upon a Feast. For those of us who love pasta, this is a great event to not only participate in, but to also host. I do apologize for posting this roundup late – it is my first week back at work, and I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! Anyway on with the show.


For our first entry - Gay from A Scientist in the Kitchen has sent Octopus and Fettuccine Orientale, which is quite exciting! I will have to try this as I actually have an octopus in my freezer! Thanks Gay and it looks terriffic.

Deb from Kahakai Kitchen has blogged about a Healthy Tuna Casserole that has whole wheat pasta. She says that sometimes you just need comfort food, and I couldn't agree more! It looks so good and decadent. Noone has to know that it is healthy.



Joanne from Eats will with Others shared her Caprese Pasta Salad, one of my favorite things, to the roundup. What a perfect summeritme treat - all the flavors of summer rolled up into one pasta dish!



Eat the Right Stuff's creator, Abby, submitted Mushroom and Rosemary Mafaldine pasta and oh my gosh, this looks just so great! With fresh and bright flavors, I can't wait to try this dish!



Pam from Sidewalk Shoes blogged about Leftowver Chicken Pasta - looks fresh, not leftover to me! Cooking with leftovers requires great recipes - try this one if you have some chicken!


Daphne from More than Words sent us Easy Peasy Chorizo Pasta. Pasta, chorizo, beans - yummy! Daphne is new to chorizo - looks like she did a great job! Thanks!



Mansi, from Twist to the Taste, is new to Presto Pasta. Welcome!! She is submitting Tomato Pasta, cooked with Whole wheat noodles and without Cheese, a Healthy twist to our regular pasta. Sounds good to me.



Eating Pleasure submitted Stir Fried Vermicelli with Tomato Sauce. Her recipe has been passed down from her grandma in law. Those are the best - old family recipes!!!


And last, bugt not least my entry. I prepared Braised Short Ribs with Penne. This is a hearty easy pasta that fills you up without being a heavy pasta.

My thanks to all who submitted - what a great round up! I can't wait until next week. Thanks so much, Ruth, for letting me host!

9 comments:

A Scientist in the Kitchen said...

Everything looks great! Can't wait to try some of them :)

Gay

Ruth Daniels said...

Everything looks wonderful...is it possible for them all to be my favorite?!

Thanks for hosting!

Katie's blog said...

They all looked wonderful! I can't wait to try them. I am excited!!

Pam said...

Great roundup!

comfycook said...

It amazes me, each week, how there are always more creative and delicious recipes. You have a nice collection here. Which do I try first? Thanks for hosting and sorry I forgot to send mine in.

daphne said...

Yummy round up! What a good range of pasta. Well dome!

Joanne said...

What a beautiful round-up! Your short rib pasta looks delicious.

Mansi said...

nice to read so many different recipes for pasta...wonderful round up!

darnold23 said...

I'm late posting this week, but I hope you will give Curried Shrimp with Rice Noodles a try. Thanks for hosting.