Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Presto Pasta and Short Ribs!

This is my entry for Presto Pasta nights, an event created by Ruth over at Once Upon a Feast – go check out her blog! It is full of great stories and recipes. I have the honor of hosting this week – very excited to see what everyone has come up with! Look for the roundup next entry!!

This is a pasta dish that I made a few weeks ago and never had the chance to blog about. As you all know, we get a side a beef every year, and sometimes I wonder what I am going to cook with some of my beef. I get beef short ribs as part of my beef and the first time I tried to cook them, I failed miserably. It was a total catastrophe that my husband still teases me about to this day. Needless to say, I have been hesitant to try them again, that is until I saw Giada cook Penne with Braised Short Ribs. I didn't have any penne, so I just used what I had on hand.

The ribs were braised and the sauce included two of my favorite ingredients – red wine and Dijon mustard. The combination made for a great hearty dish that really filled you up without being too heavy It was a fabulous pasta! Not only was it easy to cook, I got to use my immersion blender, my coolest kitchen tool. I know the recipe called for putting the sauce in a food processor, but I found the blender worked just great.

Try this pasta – even if you have to go buy some short ribs. They are full of flavor, not expensive and they are actually very versatile. I have some more in the freezer, and I plan on trying to make more short rib dishes! I hope they are as successful as this one.

Talk to you real soon! Have a great day!!

No comments: