Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Zucchini Bread Times Two


So, on Friday or Saturday morning I posted on my Facebook that I was going to make zucchini bread and zucchini pie. I made the bread but didn’t get to the pie. Saturday night, I made zucchini bread with nuts from a new recipe. I was surprised by how small the loaves were. Even though the recipe said that it made two loaves, I think it should have just been one loaf. Anyway, this morning my oldest ate a slice for breakfast and didn’t like it. I think it was the nuts. I thought it was good – small, but good. The bread to me, has great texture, which you can see in the picture. I might try this recipe again, but without the nuts and only one loaf. I will take those loaves to school tomorrow for anyone there who might like some bread.

So today, I tried again with a different recipe – I made chocolate zucchini bread with no nuts, and boy, was that a hit. They loved it! I have some zucchini left, so hopefully I will be able to make the pie tomorrow. The bread was very moist and chocolaty, but not too much.

On my cooking list: blueberry muffins, crock pot meatloaf, and chicken bouillabaisse. Talk to you later!

No comments: