Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Melt-In-Your-Mouth-Meatloaf

A couple of weeks ago, one of my friends gave me a recipe for “Melt in Your Mouth Meatloaf.” I finally got a chance to try it. It is very easy to prepare, and I love any recipe that utilizes my crock pot.

Here is the recipe from Allrecipes.com

Prep Time: 15 Min
Cook Time: 5 Hrs 15 Min
Ready In: 5 Hrs 30 Min
Yields: 6 servings






INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs
3/4 cup milk
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. allegro marinade (or to taste) I used liquid smoke - a suggestion from my friend. It worked out really well.

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well (mixture will be moist.) Shape into a round loaf; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.

2. In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, marinade or liquid smoke, and Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meat loaf. Cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before cutting.

Ok, so I served the meatloaf to the boys, and man, did they eat. They loved it!!! Like my friend’s daughter, they cleaned their plate. My little one said that I need to make the meatloaf for dinner tomorrow. Little did the little guy know, that was the plan – I made a double batch!

I also made roasted potatoes with garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil and fresh green beans.

I loved the flavors – it had an Italian twist; I used Italian seasoned bread crumbs. Sage is also a favorite seasoning of mine; I could taste a hint of it in the meatloaf – now I have another use for it besides the holidays!! Anyway, this is a great main course to serve. If your crock pot cooks quickly like mine does, it might cook a little faster than the recipe says.

School tomorrow! Have a great evening! Talk to you soon.

2 comments:

HoneyB said...

Sounds yummy Katie! I will have to give this a try some weeknight soon! Glad the little guys loved it!

Katie's blog said...

They did - I am making mased pots to go with it tonight!!!