Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Zucchini Cookies, er Muffins I mean.

So, I was all ready to make zucchini cookies from a recipe that one of my high school friends sent me. I gathered my ingredients, and started measuring the shortening……as I was measuring I noticed that it expired in 2008 – not a good thing. I scrapped that idea and started looking for a recipe for my zucchini that my boys could eat for breakfast. My blog dashboard was pulled up and I noticed that Honey B over at The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch had baked chocolate banana zucchini muffins – I was saved!!! Go over to Honey B’s blog! She has tons of neat recipes and giveaways!!

I started gathering ingredients…..now I was out of cardamom!!! I quick facebooked Honey B and she said that cinnamon should be a good substitute. Great I was saved….until I grabbed my cinnamon and saw that it was empty. No worries, I had another jar in the pantry.

Hubby walked in and I told him what I was making – he thought the combination of bananas, chocolate, and zucchini didn’t sound good; until he tried them. They were great! The boys ate two each and we have breakfast for a few days. Since they are so moist they should last – I am keeping them in an airtight container to ensure their freshness. What follows is Honey B’s adaptation from the original at Allrecipes.

Chocolate Banana Zucchini Muffins

3 eggs
2 cups white sugar
1/2 cup oil
2 mashed bananas
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease or line two 12 cup muffin tins.In a large bowl beat the eggs. Beat in the sugar, oil and banana. Add the cocoa, vanilla, zucchini and stir well.

Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamom. Mix until just moist. Pour batter into prepared muffin tins filling 2/3 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Cool.

Back again soon with more recipes! I have meat thawing for meatloaf and a chicken dish. See ya soon!!

3 comments:

HoneyB said...

Glad you enjoyed them! :-)

Katie's blog said...

Thanks! They are great!!!

recipes2share said...

These look and sound fabulous - I love the 'moistness' of this recipe and these look delicious. I agree too, HoneyB has some great stuff on her blog!