Welcome to One Little Corner of the World. I share with you new recipes, some family recipes, and the antics of my kids. Enjoy reading!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Chicken Pasta Salad and a Picture

Before I get to my recipe, I just wanted to post this picture of my youngest helping in teh kitchen. He loves to help me cook and has a blast adding flavor to any dish we create! On to my chicken post.

I like to eat healthy at lunch at school, but I am tired of cottage cheese and tomatoes. I had some chicken breasts in the freezer, so I thawed them, marinated them, and roasted them in the oven. I also decided to try whole wheat pasta too. Not bad, I actually liked it!

I just finished up my pasta salad this week and I must say that I enjoyed every bite



Chicken Pasta Salad Marinade


1 sprig fresh rosemary
½ shallot chopped
2 small cloves garlic minced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ cup scant white wine vinegar or less
Olive oil to emulsify

Combine all ingredients except olive oil. Drizzle oil in and whisk together to make an emulsion. Pour ½ over raw chicken to marinate. Set rest aside. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, longer if you have time.

Roast marinated chicken in 425 degree oven until just done and still moist.

Chicken Pasta Salad

2 chicken breasts marinated and cooked (see above)
½ lb whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package directions, drained and cooled
1 small can artichokes, chopped
5 peppadew peppers, chopped
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
7 sundried tomatoes, chopped
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 large spoonfuls mayonnaise
Rest of marinade
Salt and pepper to taste

After chicken and pasta have cooled a bit, slice chicken thinly and combine with pasta. Add rest of ingredients except for mayo, mustard, and marinade. After mixture is combined, stir in wet ingredients and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
This is also my entry for this week's Presto Pasta Nights, an event created by Ruth at Once Upon a Feast, and hosted this week by Cook (almost) Anything at Least Once. Go over and check her blog out!
My next post will be this month's Taste and Create event - I have been paired with a cupcake blogger. Wait and see what I post!!

5 comments:

Dillonf said...

I like chicken.

Alex said...

thats making me hungry lol.

Jessica said...

This Chicken Pasta Salad looks very appitizing! I think i might try this sometime soon!

michael said...

mmmmm can i have some!!!!!!!!!!

Taylor said...

sounds very good!!